Monday, February 21, 2005

NewsFlash: Hunter S. Thompson Dies of Something Other Than Drugs


Hunter S. Thompson survived Hell's Angels, Nixon, a generation of swine and a scary amount of ether (as if there's a non-scary amount) only to shoot himself because of a second Bush term? Okay, I don't know if that's the reason. A lot of us will be irresponsibly throwing around speculation in the next few weeks, and I just want to be ahead of the pack. Like Hunter was.

Personally, I though Dr. Gonzo would be happy to live in a world where President Bush is finally on tape talking about his drug use. It's not at a fear and loathing level or anything, but at least he can't refuse to acknowledge it anymore.

Also, in memoriam, I'm having a Write a Hunter S. Thompson Paragraph contest. I'll go first:
"Listen here, you leperous pig. If you insist on interrupting these delicate negotiations, at least take some morphine," I said, seizing on the momentary darkness to shovel most of the pills onto the bonfire. "As your attorney, I advise you to stick what's left of those up your ass," he said, but silenced himself when I glanced ominously at the pistolero.

3 Comments:

At 12:11 PM, Blogger Jenne said...

how about ... "newsflash: michael jackson found weird"

 
At 5:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, you almost lost me for one second there... but I'm glad I didn't click away. First, I enjoyed your post, and second, maybe you can help. I don't know how much blog spam you get but I get tons on my blog. Most of the time I'm talking about dog house plans stuff because I have a dog house plans website, and people post all this junk with their links and stuff. As blog owners, I guess we'll always be subject to the unethical and inconsiderate. Well, hopefully it's not driving you to crazy... Good luck partner, enjoy the positives friend.

Bye ~

 
At 4:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, is there something a little weird going on here? I don't know about you laser cub, but my blog gets pretty cluttered with spammy comments from people. My advice to you as one blog owner to another, is to be patient and focus on the great things about having a blog, instead of all the junk that goes on. You do have a quality blog and appears that you enjoy it. My favorite web project so far is a wood dog house site, because I have total control and it makes me a couple dollars here and there. It's pretty hard to find new information on wood dog house stuff though. Hey, keep up your excellent job laser cub, and good luck with your projects..

See ya ~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home